Most of the email users, often get confused between the delete and deactivation of Yahoo account. But these two have different meaning and the process to execute them are quite varied from each other.
Deletion of Yahoo account means you are looking to remove your identity from email server. In order to do this, a certain procedure is available that need to be implemented successfully to get the task completed in a proper way.
As many people do not know how to delete Yahoo mail account as there is no direct way provided by Yahoo on its official website for terminating Yahoo email account only for the security reasons, we are enumerating the following steps that can help you terminate the Yahoo account on a permanent basis.
Steps to Delete Yahoo Account on a Permanent Basis
- Login into Yahoo email account with correct sign-in credentials
- Type your password to confirm that your identity is authentic
- Upon successful login, open a new tab of the web browser
- Type the below-mentioned url in the tab:
- Once the page is displayed, read the terms and condition before clicking on the continue button to delete Yahoo email account.
- Doing this, it will ask for your authenticity that can be made by providing the correct login credentials.
- Once you provide the details, click on the button ‘Yes, Terminate This Account’.
- Wait for 90 days and your Yahoo account will be terminated permanently.
Deactivation of Yahoo account is entirely a different thing altogether as it is done on a temporary basis and it can be reactivated again; whenever users provide the successful login details to access the email account whenever they need to derive any important information. Many people are not aware regarding deactivation of Yahoo account and it’s the steps to perform the function.
Here are the steps to let you know how to deactivate Yahoo account at the earliest:
- Login into Yahoo account and go to the settings options
- You will find the tabs in the left side of the screen.
- Click on the account section and look for deactivate Yahoo account.
- Once found, click on it.
- As you do the same, Yahoo asks for your authentic login details to proceed ahead with the function
- Once you provide the login details, the message is displayed
“Your account is deactivated”
You can access the deactivated Yahoo account anytime by entering the login details. If your email account is left deactivated for more than 6 months, you might not be able to login into the account and find the important email messages.
In case, you are troubled with the issues related to deletion or deactivation of Yahoo account, then give a call at Yahoo customer service number available on the web.